CSL is Samoa's leading Information Communication Technology company. We have been providing application services to some of Samoa's largest organisations, with integrity and confidence. Our comprehensive support and facilities management, with Helpdesk, Software Engineers, Network Engineers, Operators and a Management Team cannot be equaled.
The Government of Samoa established Computer Services Limited in 1977 to provide bureau-computing services to Government Departments and Corporations.
In 1984 the Government of Samoa divested 60% of its share holding in CSL to encourage private enterprise involvement in the operation of the company. In 2004, the Government of Samoa divested its remaining 40% of its share holding making CSL a fully private enterprise. As of Jan 2006, the current shareholders of CSL are: Samoa National Provident Fund 67.1%, Samoa Life Assurance Corporation 18.6%, and CSL Staff holdings 14.3%.
CSL has established its position as the oldest and leading supplier of computing solutions in Samoa . CSL offer a range of quality products and services including AS400 based bureau services, IBM personal computers, Attaché software, and a wide selection of other computing products. We provide a comprehensive support service and guarantee to service everything we sell.
In April 1991, CSL opened its computer training school. The Training School is a registered educational institution with the Dept of Education and provides a wide range of training courses to cater for the computer novice to the advanced user.
In May 1996, CSL established a sole distribution and service agreement with DELL for the sale and services of DELL computers into Samoa and Am.Samoa.
In February 1997, CSL moved into its new corporate headquarters in the Lotemau Centre, Central Apia .
In January 1998, CSL set up an Internet Service Provider ( www.samoa.ws ). In October 1998, CSL launched its first wireless broadband internet link to the WHO building, a precursor to what today is "Airnet" Services, Samoa 's largest independent broadband wireless internet network.
In December 1999, another subsidiary, SamoaNIC Ltd was set up to run domain name registrations ( www.samoanic.ws ).
In June 2000, CSL established a sole distribution and service agreement with Konica Minolta for the sale and service of their printers and copiers into Samoa .
In February 2001, CSL opened its new engineering Service centre and Internet icafe at SLAC building, Matafele.
In November 2004, CSL set up Samoa Electronics, a retail electronics and computer accessories store operating as an authorised reseller for the Dick Smith Electronics chain.
In March 2006, CSL won the GSM license in partnership with Digicel under Digicel Samoa Ltd.
In November 2006, CSL established CSL Mobile Shop, that caters for mobile phones and accessories, an internet lava spot (wireless hotspot) and runs a business centre.
In 2007, CSL established Wimax Samoa Ltd and as of April 2008 commenced operations of stage one of a nation-wide wireless broadband network utilising Wimax 802.16e technology.
In April 2008, CSL moved into its new corporate headquarters in the 2nd Level, Samoa Life Assurance (SLAC) Building, Central Apia .
In May 2008, CSL launches Zoom - Superspeed Wireless Broadband (www.samoa.ws/zoom) based on leading wireless technology, Wimax.
Today Computer Services (www.csl.ws) employs a staff of over forty with annual turnover in excess of US$4,000,000